The purpose of this module is to teach Hospitality Leadership students basic research skills needed to perform research in the field. As a result of completing this tutorial, students will master the following skills: Evaluating Sources, Searching for Articles and Books, Avoiding Plagiarism, and Citing Sources, and more.
1) Define Evidence Based Leadership
2) Ask an "Answerable Question."
|Search for Articles||
1) Identify 3 databases for the Hospitality Leadership field
2) Infer methods to choose an appropriate database for this field.
|Search for Books||
1) Formulate searches in ECU's library catalog
|Use Trade Journals||
1) Define a trade journal and what can be found in them.
2) Identify 3 trade journals in the Hospitality Leadership field.
3) Recognize attributes of trade journals and their authors.
|Locate & Analyze Statistics and Business Information||
1) Discover library databases for finding national and international business information to apply to Hospitality Leadership-related analyses
2) Recognize sources of statistical information.
|Avoid Plagiarism & Cite Sources||
1) Define plagiarism
2) Identify APA citations for books, journal articles, newspapers, and websites.
1) List 6 ways to get help from a librarian.