Limits and filters allow you to narrow the results down to only the ones that are most relevant. Common limits that are applied include: article type, date, and language.
Tip: the more limits and filters you set, the narrower your results will be. It is possible for you to limit your results all the way down to 0, so be careful.
Tip 2: do not limit by Full Text. As a student of ECU, you can receive the full text of articles either with your PirateID and password, or through our free Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service if ECU does not own a copy of the article. Electronic resources can be e-mailed to your ECU account.
Sample search: (Nurse OR Nurses OR "Nursing personnel") AND ("Health literacy") AND (Rural OR "Rural areas" OR "Rural health centers" OR "Rural population" OR "Rural populations" OR "Rural health nursing" OR "Underserved populations")
1. Type your search into the search bar on the Laupus homepage (One Search).
2. Review your results for relevance.
3. Reduce results by setting limits and filters.
4. The most common limits and filters are Scholarly & Peer-Reviewed and 5 years. These can be located on the left side of the window.
To read the PDF, click on the PDF icon under the article title or abstract.
To bookmark relevant articles, click the ribbon beside the title. View the bookmarked articles by clicking the ribbon in the top right-hand corner.
Note: These bookmarks will only last for the length of your session in One Search. When you close your browser window, the bookmarks will disappear. If you need to save the article permanently, we recommend saving it in RefWorks.
To permanently save your articles, send them to RefWorks.
1. Click the three dots beside the article title.
2. Select RefWorks.
3. Click Yes, then click Import, and finally click OK.
4. To view the article details, click on the title.
5. To read the full abstract, click on View Full Abstract.
Chat with a librarian is available 9-5 Monday-Saturday.
You can also contact a librarian.
1-888-820-0522 (toll free)
Or email us:
Please follow the link below to complete a short survey and provide feedback on this guide.