ECU Libraries are prepared and more than happy to provide support related to the new policy and composing a Data Management and Sharing Plan.
For Data Management Plans, DMPTool.org is the primary tool designed to compose an appropriate Data Management Plan in compliance with the new NIH requirement. The updated NIH Data Management Plant templates are already available in DMPTool.org.
In writing NIH-compliant Data Management and Sharing Plans, please contact the libraries for assistance including help with:
- Understanding the details of the policy
- Selecting and evaluating a repository for your data
- Finding and using appropriate metadata standards
- The gold standard file formats for different data types
- Locating NIH supplemental guidance on issues such as suggested language for participant consent for data sharing, allowable costs for data management and sharing, responsible sharing of American Indian/Alaska Native participant data
If you have any questions, or need our help and support with research data management practices, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Kerry Sewell, Research Librarian, email@example.com, 252-744-0477