Known issues & work-arounds for One Search
Please let us know of problems or issues you encounter that are not mentioned below:
- If you have general feednack about One Search contact us at email@example.com.
- If you are having a problem accessing a specific e-resource through a One Search link, submit an E-resource Error Report and we will respond to with assistance.
One Search sometimes fails to link correctly from a citation to the full-text. This happens due to integration problems between One Search and vendor platforms for access.
There are work-arounds that you can use if you encounter a linking problem:
- Look for the icon in the upper left of the screen and click the adjacent link. This link will take you to a page with other full-text options. Under the "Content is available via the following links" heading, select the "Article" link for a platform other than the one from which you encountered a linking problem.
- If there are no alternative platforms listed under the "Content is available via the following links" heading, select the "Journal" link. This link should take you to a publication-level record within the platform. From there, you can use the citation details to navigate to the year, volume, and issue of the specific content that you're trying to access.
- If you're still unable to get to the full-text, consult with a librarian from Joyner or Laupus Library using Chat Reference; or
- Submit an E-resource Error Report and a library staff member will contact you with assistance.
Direct link not working
One Search will generally take you directly from a citation to the full-text. Unfortunately, some vendors only provide publication-level linking. In such instances, a link from a citation will take you to a page that lists your search criteria and then provides a heading called "Content is available via the following links." Under this heading, select the "Journal" link. This link should take you to a publication-level record within the platform. From there, you can use the citation details to navigate to the year, volume, and issue of the specific content that you're trying to access.
No more than 20 pages of results
One Search will currently only return the first 20 pages of results for any query. There are two simple work-arounds for this:
- At the bottom of the screen, increase the results per page from 25 to 50. This will increase the total hits from 500 to 1000.
- Make your search more specific by adding terms or refining the results using the check boxes in the left side bar.